I am a little crazy...okay maybe more like a lot crazy. In the midst of adjusting to 3 kids, dealing with all of the doctor's visits for Brynn, getting the backyard ready for grass (yay!!!), a month of birthdays and events that I am in charge of, and the approach of finals for Seth, I have been in project mode for the last month and a half. Maybe it is my itch to be productive, maybe it is from reading too many craft blogs, and maybe it is out of sheer desperation to create a house of order amid the choas of kids, dogs and stuff in a too small house, but whatever the reason I have been motivated to take on projects.
Because I get into this mode all too frequently, I am considering creating a separate blog to keep track of all of my projects, but until I do...here is a rundown of what I have been working onare some of the completed projects.
Laundry Room Organization: I made hanging bags for each family member - one for clothes, one for socks, and I store clothes in there. I fold a different person's clothes each day of the week so it isn't so overwhelming...I hate folding clothes!

Brynn's blessing dress:
Here are the long awaited pictures...for someone who considers themself a beginning sewer with NO training whatsoever, I think I did a pretty darn good job. When I finished it, I decided I should start answering the question, "Do you sew?" with a simple "yes" instead of "I dabble, but I wouldn't say I sew."
Hooded Towells:
I made one for each of the kids and one for Morgan and Chloe to take to the pool. We are officially ready for summer swimming season! Funny story: I told the kids I was going to make these while they took their afternoon naps, so when Morgan came up from his rest time and saw that I had finished him he said, "Mom, you did a really good job making those towells! I am so proud of you!"

Bow Holder and Bows for the girls:
This turned out so so cute! Once I finished taking pictures of it after I hung it up, I put all of the bows on it and realized that the girls have a LOT of bows and I have no intention to stop or slow down making them. Gotta have matching bows for all of our outfits! :) I also made the girls a bunch of headbands, and I am working on a cute little decor/display/storage item for them, so you will have to wait on pictures of those.
Nursing Cover:
This was so easy to make it is almost rediculous! I love it!
Sling:
I didn't win that giveaway a while back and I was too cheap to spend the money on one, so I made this reversible one to fit me exactly for under $10. I also made one for Chloe, one for Morgan and one for Seth...just for fun!
Diaper and Wipes Holder:
I wanted to make one that matched the sling and nursing cover...I am still trying to perfect the design.
Blankets and burp cloths:
Just because I was feeling crazy! :)
In the works/half finished/all the materials ready to go and out in plain sight all over my house right now are:
rearranging the basement family room
refinishing/painting 2 shelves, a bookshelf, a wood filing cabinet, a time-out chair and 3 kid stools for that room
refinishing a stool for my bedroom
recovering and refinishing a glider for the Nursery
Sewing a duvet cover for Chloe's bunk downstairs
Sewing bibbies for the kids for eating, arts and crafts, etc.
A couple of baby gifts I am working on
Making headbands and bows for the girls - the project that will never end, but that's ok
Making a "dolly dresser" for the exponentially growing collection of doll stuff around here.
finishing/tweaking the scrapbook/craft corner organization project I started a while back. I thought it was finished, but apparently the open and visible organization style that works for me just isn't a good fit for a room where the kids play unattended - let your immagination run wild here...visible craft supplies (glitter, scissors, paint, ribbon, stickers, paper, etc.) + kids=very mad mommy!
Plus the usual scrapbooking...coming along ever so slowly...I am finally working on Morgan's first Christmas!
Sadly, that list looks like much less work than it actually represents! These are all in the works right now, there is a much longer list of projects that I haven't started yet. Wish me luck!




















5 comments:
Good Heavens Jen! I'm so impressed with everything you've done! All of that with three kids in tow- wow!
Jen you are so awesome!
Holy smokes! You are awesome!! When I have kids i'm going to have to ask you where you get all your energy from and how on earth you found time to make all those things! The blessing dress looked beautiful.
Amazing! That blessing dress is absolutely beautiful Jen! You should be very proud. And I am sure Brynn will love wearing it.
I think you can say that you sew.
Post a Comment