Wednesday, February 2, 2011

clementines

Yesterday my girls wanted to eat clementine oranges, so they sat at the table together, each with an orange in front of them. Brynn ripped right into her clementine, peeled the entire thing herself, and started to eat it. Chloe asked me to peel hers for her. I told her that she could do it (because she can and has many many many times before). Then I headed in the other room, and this is what I overheard...

photo of an orange

C: "Brynn, could you peel my clementine for me?"
B: "Yeah."
C: "Thanks! You can have a tax."

(Seth and I take an orange tax when the kids have us peel their orange for them...one segment from each half. It started out as a way to encourage their independence and now they think it is super cool to pay taxes! lol!)

So my just-barely-2-year-old peeled the clementine for my almost-4-year-old.
And then the two of them proceeded to eat 3 lbs. of clementines in one sitting while I paid bills...
Thank heavens for costco!

1 comment:

Aania Gowans said...

That is SOOOOO cute! I love that story...thanks for sharing!