Here is a snippet of Morgan right now...
He gets up around 7:00 am - every morning - bubbly, happy and filled with energy (which is more than I can say for myself)
He is so good at entertaining himself - and Chloe - while I am busy with other things (showering, cleaning, cooking, blogging...)
He knows everyone by name...still...and never forgets about them!
He loves to sing. We sing disney songs, primary songs, random silly songs, made up songs, the name game, Jack Johnson and more all day long. We gave him an MP3 player for his birthday filled with all his favorite songs and pictures of him with his sisters. So cute!
He is such a boy and loves to play in the dirt, with cars and trains, with action figures, with bugs, with balls, with tools, etc.
He loves playing with Chloe, and is such a good sport about playing girly stuff...dolls, ponies, tutu dances, pretend play with the kitchen, tea parties, etc.
He knows and can recognize all of his letters and numbers up to 9 by sight and sound. He can count to 20 and is starting to sound out words. This has absolutely nothing to do with me...we do not work on any of this at home, other than me answering questions he has. I am a little worried that he is going to pass me up intellectually by the time he is in 1st grade! :)
The kid has an amazing memory!
He is still an amazing eater...he will eat just about anything (with the exception of cookie dough-odd, I know) and LOVES his veggies. A typical snack around here is yogurt, carrots, string cheese or fruit.
He giggles about everything and has the cutest little laugh! He is always saying, "You silly goofy!" to me and Seth.
He has a sweatshirt fetish! He is always wearing a sweatshirt...even when it is really hot. He especially likes the ones with pockets, zippers and hoods. I am sure his preschool teachers think he doesn't have any cute clothes because they are always covered by a sweatshirt! Hopefully summer will cure him of this!
He is very independent...he gets in the car by himself, buckles himself, pours his own drinks (usually without spilling), salts and wraps baked potatoes, loves to help in the kitchen, makes his own toast with butter, gets dressed by himself - shoes, socks and everything, does his own hair, sorts the laundry, cleans his room, starts movies all by himself, and the list could go on and on!
He loves to color, draw and write!
He has a watch fetish! He got a couple of Hello Kitty watches from McDonalds and he rotates wearing them - all the time! Grandma Colleen gave him a very grown up watch for his birthday and now he wears it all the time!
He never lets us skip scriptures or prayers...even when it is way past bedtime!
He is very conscientious of matching - he always picks shoes that match his clothes and tells Seth "That doesn't match" when he picks out the wrong outfits! :)
He still loves puzzles and is really really good at them!
He loves books. He "reads" to his sisters and tells the stories almost verbatim. He could sit through 20 books in a row and still want more!
He is so sweet and caring...he wants to include everyone and makes people feel special and loved. It used to be that if someone was crying it was probably Morgan's fault because he was definitely a hitter/pusher, but now, it is almost never him and usually he is the one consoling the crying kid! What a relief as a mother!
He LOVES his family! If Chloe sleeps upstairs, he wants to wake her up first thing in the morning, he always wants to cuddle and hold Brynnie, he gives the best hugs and kisses, he adores all of his grandparents, he adores all of his aunts and uncles and even their significant others!
He says the sweetest prayers and always wants it to be his turn. In fact, when it isn't his turn, we say 2 prayers so he can have a turn!
A couple of random stories about Morgan...
The other day, Morgan said, "Mom, I want to have 5 sisters!" I know your a great big brother, but keep dreaming buddy!
When I asked him what kind of birthday party he wanted to have he said a princess party...eventually I talked him into Dr. Seuss instead!
Any time we start going faster in the car, he asks, "Are we on the freeway mom?"
We were driving down the street the other day and "Gives you Hell" by the All American Rejects came on the radio. Morgan piped in from the backseat and knew every word of the chorus...Seth and I laughed pretty hard as we changed the station and he kept singing. He said, "Mom change it back to the "gives you L" song. I know it...but I didn't learn it in Preschool." I sure hope not! Turns out he thinks the song is about the letter L! Note to self: it is probably time to modify my radio listening!
I could go on forever about the wonderful things about Morgan, but I will stop there. I am so glad that I get to be his Mommy and watch him as he grows up! I look forward to the years ahead and am enjoying him so much right now!
Thanks for being my little buddy Morgan - I love you!







2 comments:
He seriously is the sweetest thing! I can't believe how fast they grow up! Good job on being such good parents! I'll have a lot to learn from you one day! ;)
I really like that song, and with Dylan picking up like a word a week, I'm really afraid I'll hear "gives you hell" next. I get really bored listening to primary songs in the car. But if Morgan thinks it's about the letter L, maybe I can turn it into a learning experience instead of bad words.
Post a Comment